Launched in January 2017, this interactive mobile app, allows members to receive TLA announcements, obtain the most up-to-date event information,and engage in meaningful discussion in real-time-all at the palm of your hand. Members can now discuss relevant topics and host committee discussions in real-time! No more extra emails and logging-in required! The TLA 365 app enables members to keep their pulse on TLA by accessing the app's Activity Feed, which highlights useful comments, photos, polls and more.
And for our more competitive members, they can earn points and badges - top the leaderboard!
TLA 365 Instructions for Use
To download the app:
- On your mobile device(s), visit the Apple App Store or Google Playstore; search 'TLA Events', or
- Click this link.
Click here to contact us should you have any questions.
Channel Topics: A General TLA Channel has been set up as well as a Channel for each of the Committees and educational events. Any member may start a new channel.
How do I sign up?
- Members don't have to. All TLA members have already been populated into the General TLA Channel.
- Be sure to download the app on your mobile device(s).
How does it work?
- All Channels are open to all TLA members.
- To access the Channels, simply open the TLA 365 app and click on the "Channels" link on the left. Once there, you can peruse the different discussions and add yourself to other committee channels.
- As a member, you are automatically granted access to the TLA 365 App where you will be able to interact with other TLA members by posting questions/comments pertaining to your area of practice. The Channels allow you to attach documents as well.
- When an item is posted, all members in that Channel will receive a phone alert. Reply in the app! No more emails and extra log-in required!
TLA 365 User Policy
- Please respect your colleagues by maintaining the "closed" atmosphere. Messages from TLA discussion Channels should not be forwarded to anyone not affiliated with the association. If you are the recipient of a message that is in violation of any of the below rules, please contact the TLA Executive Office so that appropriate action may be taken.
- All messages should add to the body of knowledge.
- Any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive or illegal commentary or materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything in a discussion forum message that you would not want your name associated with.
- Commercial messages or messages pertaining to a political cause will not be allowed on any of the discussion Channels.
- Postings regarding job openings should not be included in discussion Channels activity and should be directed to TLA online Career Center.
- Commentary is allowed as it pertains to the issue being discussed. Personal remarks regarding the sender are not permitted. Commentary should not reflect a person's preference for or against a specific party, forum, cause or movement.
- TLA reserves the right to reject any message for any reason and/or move a message to another forum.
- Please send your message only to the most appropriate forum. Do not spam several Channels with the same message.
TLA 365 Etiquette
- Identify yourself fully in your signature line and state concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Do not post messages such as "thank you for the information" or "me too" to the forum. This clogs up the list.
- Administrative messages, such as "remove me from the forum" do not need to be sent through the discussion forum. Instead, click the link at the main Communities page to remove yourself from a forum.
The Legal Stuff
Discussion Channels are provided by TLA solely for the use of its members, and the electronic messages that appear on TLA discussion Channels are for informatio nal purposes only. Any message posted to the discussion Channels may represent the opinion of the author but does not represent the opinion or position of TLA. TLA does not accept responsibility for the content or the opinions expressed in any message posted to the discussion Channels, and the reader should not accept the opinion posted as professional advice.
TLA disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on the discussion Channels, whether posted by TLA volunteer officers, staff, or member; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall TLA be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on the discussion Channels.
Refrain from posting any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants TLA the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print and use such info rmation or other material.
TLA monitors all discussion Channels for inappropriate postings, though TLA does not undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event tha t any inappropriate posting is brought to TLA attention, TLA will take all necessary andappropriate action.
TLA reserves the right to terminate access to any subscriber who does not abide by these guidelines.
There are specific consequences for violation of our rule that prohibits forwarding of messages to non-members. If it can be determined that the sender acted with full knowledge and in violation of our rules, TLA may take action, including but not limited to removing the forwarder from the discussion forum.
To report abuses, contact us at TLAfirstname.lastname@example.org.